Monday, August 1, 2011

Perm Rods Be Gone!!

Pretty excited right about now(once again) about finding something new with hair styles. I subscribe to A LOT of blogs....most of them photography or mommy related. So The Paper Mama  had pics up showing the results she got from following a youtubers no heat curls tutorial, and I thought the results were super cute on her. At the same time, I am well aware that her hair is NOTHING like mine, and while she achieved flowy waves I would most likely get a bush of knots unless I straightened with heat first(defeating the "no heat curls" idea anyway). Last week it was near 100 degrees everyday, so no point in trying to do anything to my hair. I made a crown (one flat twist on each side all the way to the back and then pinned the leftover) and wore it for 2 days. When it was time to re-do it I said what the hey and tried her method(with some modifications for my hair type). Let me tell you it looked the same as my crown, but so much easier! So I rocked that for 2 days, and when it was time to take it down to re-do I was pleasantly surprised!!


Looks super similar to a rod set, except no sleeping on a head full of plastic rods all night! SCORE!

One thing that I don't care for...this flat area in the back.

If you try to do it, or at least watch the video you can see why that flatness occurs...I don't have any ideas yet on how I may combat this problem to keep wearing this style, but I'm thinking about it.

Pros:

  • no perm rods!!
  • took about 20 minutes
  • can actually be worn as 2 styles, so at least 4 day hair
  • no heat styling
  • no worries for weather/humidity
  • my hair was very soft and bouncy
  • makes big hair, lots of volume
  • natural looking spirals
Cons:
    • The flat part in the back
    • makes big hair(pro and con to me, depends on the look I'm going for that day)
    I am going to attempt to get a "tutorial" on here, hopefully within the next few days.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment