Saturday, June 11, 2011

A test of my commitment

So tonight is going to be the first test of my commitment to this whole "natural" thing. I rod set my hair on wednesday night after watching a youtube video from napturallycurly, where she said that she could never have made it through her transition if she hadn't had goto styles that didn't require re-doing every couple of days. I had just done my second set with the twisty rollers in 4 days, and was really not feeling that level of time and work. SO here I am on saturday, still rocking my rod set and feeling pretty cute with my curly halo. Here's where the test comes...I am going out tonight. To a club, with some friends I haven't seen in a few years. The itch to wash and straighten my hair was so intense I had to distract myself(with natural hair blogs and youtube videos). Up to now I've been thinking I'm doing a kind of funky cute thing, and it feels different with my past shoulder length hair hanging out around my ears...but I guess I had a panic thinking that other people won't think I'm cute, and the need to have my long hair out was almost overwhelming. While running errands I went into the mall and looked for some fun big earrings, and got a tube top to have some tasteful skin out. So I have built my confidence back up(I think) and realized that tonight, unlike back in college when I went out to clubs, I am not going to impress people and look for someone of the opposite sex. Tonight I am going out to celebrate my girlfriends birthday, hopefully have a drink, and laugh an awful lot. And tomorrow, with any luck, my little curls will still be poppin.

No comments:

Post a Comment